Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend Blog Tour is hosted by YA Bound Tours.
Click HERE to see the full blog tour schedule!
Today is my stop and the start of the Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend Blog Tour. I am so super excited to be apart of this amazing tour and I really hope you my readers will enjoy this post. If you have not heard of this book or the series then come check out info on book #1 - here.
Be sure to enter the giveaway below to win a signed copy of ANGRY GIRL, a signed copy of ALMOST-GIRLFRIEND, and a $25 iTunes gift card! (US only)
Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend
Series: (Confessions #2)
Release Date: 06/18/13Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...
...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.
When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.
10 Facts About Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend
1. My favorite thing about Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend is Rose's discovery that she may, in fact, be an artist. Ultimately, this gives her strength, and helps her see herself as an independent person, separate from the friends she loves and the guy she thinks she wants to be with.
2. My least favorite thing about Almost-Girlfriend is a copyediting/author oversight on the very first page of the book. Sigh. Can you find it? (Oh, wait—I’m not supposed to point that out to you. Never mind!)
3. Rose and I have something in common. When I was in high school, I was in a production of Anything Goes, and I learned how to tap dance for it. (I had a much better time than Rose did.)
4. There were two things I wanted to do with Almost-Girlfriend. The first was explore the ways in which Rose has grown up. I wanted readers to see it, and I wanted Rose to see it, too.
5. The second was to delve deep into why Regina is the kind of person she is, and I thought it would be interesting to see how Rose’s views shift when she gets some insight into Regina’s life.
6. My favorite scene in Almost-Girlfriend is the Valentine’s Day dance, when Rose is rocking out to “Cherry Bomb” by the Runaways, and when she and Jamie dance together for the first time.
7. I’m most excited about the new character of Conrad Deladdo. He’s got a lot of anger about how he’s treated, and he doesn’t always make the best decisions. But he’s finding his niche and once he’s comfortable with himself, he’s going to be unstoppable.
8. I’m a secret fan of Rose’s mom. I really like Kathleen. I think she’s doing the best she can with a really sad, difficult situation. But she’s human, and she makes mistakes, and sometimes she acts like a teenager herself. If I succeed in getting Confessions made into a TV show, Kathleen is going to be one of the most exciting parts for me to cast. (Vera Farmiga, please!)
9. I’m sort of obsessed with my dog (yes, I’m one of those people), which is why I decided NOT to give Rose a dog. I figured the book would take a very strange turn, and people would begin to wonder why her dog had become the narrator.
10. I would love love love to write books 3 and 4. But an author never knows if she’s going to get that opportunity or not—it’s a numbers game. Keep your fingers crossed—maybe I’ll get lucky and we’ll all find out what happens to Rosie.
About The Author: Louise Rozett
Find Louise @
Louise Rozett is an author, a playwright, and a recovering performer. She made her YA debut with Confessions of an Angry Girl, published by Harlequin Teen. The next book in the series, Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend, is due out June 2013. She lives with her 120-pound Bernese Mountain dog Lester (named after Lester Freamon from THE WIRE, of course) in one of the world's greatest literary meccas, Brooklyn...and also in sunny Los Angeles. (Being bi-coastal is fun!) Visit www.Louiserozett.com for more info.
One lucky winner will get a signed copy of ANGRY GIRL, a signed copy of ALMOST-GIRLFRIEND, and a $25 iTunes gift card! (US only)