Tour banner made by Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment
Welcome to the VIRAL NATION Blog Tour hosted by the author, Shaunta Grimes!
Want to win a print copy of Viral Nation of your very own?
Then be sure to enter the giveaway below.
Series: Book 1
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Release Date: July 2, 2013
Reading Level: YA
Genre: Science Fiction > Dystopia
After a virus claimed nearly the entire global population, the world changed. The United States splintered into fifty walled cities where the surviving citizens clustered to start over. The Company, which ended the plague by bringing a life-saving vaccine back from the future, controls everything. They ration the scant food and supplies through a lottery system, mandate daily doses of virus suppressant, and even monitor future timelines to stop crimes before they can be committed.Brilliant but autistic, sixteen-year-old Clover Donovan has always dreamed of studying at the Waverly-Stead Academy. Her brother and caretaker, West, has done everything in his power to make her dream a reality. But Clover’s refusal to part with her beloved service dog denies her entry into the school. Instead, she is drafted into the Time Mariners, a team of Company operatives who travel through time to gather news about the future.When one of Clover’s missions reveals that West’s life is in danger, the Donovans are shattered. To change West’s fate, they’ll have to take on the mysterious Company. But as its secrets are revealed, they realize that the Company’s rule may not be as benevolent as it seems. In saving her brother, Clover will face a more powerful force than she ever imagined and will team up with a band of fellow misfits and outsiders to incite a revolution that will change their destinies forever.
A huge thank you to author Shaunta Grimes for taking the time to be interviewed. :)
1. The Hulk or Loki AKA god of mischief? I'm tempted to say Loki, because have you seen the trailer for the second Thor movie? But I think I'd take the Hulk over all bad boy all the time.
2. The Hunger Games series or Divergent series? The Hunger Games is an all time favorite.
3. Skittles or M&M's? Skittles!
4. Tinkerbell or Rapunzel? Tinkerbell—I might have to rethink that God of Mischief thing. I like a little mischief.
5. Ebooks or Audiobooks? Ebooks. I have a hard time just sitting there listening.
6. Young Adult or New Adult? Young adult.
7. Buy books online or buy in a bookstore? Online if I want something specific, in a local indie book store if I just want to browse and see what catches my eye.
8. Writing during the night or writing during the day? During the day. After 3 in the afternoon, my brain slowly turns to mush.
9. One voice or alternating POVs? I like alternating. I want both sides of the story.
10. Cookies or Cupcakes? Do I really have to choose? Cupcakes I guess, if the frosting is good.
About The Author: Shaunta Grimes
Find Shaunta @
Shaunta Grimes has worked as a substitute teacher, a newspaper reporter, a drug court counselor, and a vintage clothing seller. No matter which direction she strays, however, she always comes back to storytelling. She lives in Reno with her family, where she writes, teaches, and perpetually studies at the University of Nevada. Viral Nation is her debut traditionally-published novel.
Shaunta Grimes and her publisher have kindly offered to host this giveaway on my blog to win a print copy of Viral Nation. Open to US residents only. Giveaway is for my blog readers/followers only. (not a tour-wide giveaway)
I can't wait to read my ARC of Viral Nation. This book sounds amazing! :)
How about you? What do you find interesting about the book?